From Donna Hay Fresh & Light Magazine, Issue 5.
Serves 4 people.
What’s in it:
- 700g turkey mince
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 2 large wholemeal flatbreads
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1/2 cup (140g) natural Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, shredded
- Micro (baby) flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
How to make it:
- Place the turkey, zucchini, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a patty and repeat with remaining mixture to make about 16 patties. Thread 2 patties each onto sets of 2 skewers. Set aside. Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to medium heat.
- Lightly brush each of the flatbreads with oil and cook in batches for 1 minute on each side or until charred. Set aside and keep warm. Brush the skewers with the remaining oil and cook in 2 batches, for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Cook the lemons, cut-side down, for 4 minutes or until charred.
- Place the yoghurt in a small bowl, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve the skewers with flatbread, yoghurt, cucumber, lemon and parsley.